Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will ever make in your lifetime. One of the very first decisions you will make is where you want to live and what type of neighborhood you want to live in. Saint Petersburg offers you a diverse collection of attractions that allow you to indulge in your hobbies and expand your interests. Saint Petersburg attracts millions of tourists every year because of the various attractions and events.
When you are buying a home there are five big steps that you will be taking and you should be aware of them before you begin the process of purchasing a home.
(1) Getting a Mortgage: Before you even begin the process of looking for a home, is required that you get pre-qualify for a mortgage loan. This will give you a clear idea of the loan amount you qualify and the type of loan you qualify (FHA,VA, Conventional, Jumbo Loan). This will help you find the correct property and save time. The good news is that we can help you getting your pre-qualification Apply Now.
(2) Making an Offer: When you find a home that you are interested in purchasing, your first step will involve making an offer on the home. When you are making up an offer sheet with your realtor, be sure to bid smartly and price compare with houses that have recently sold that are similar to the home you are looking to buy. Make clear demands in your offer, if you want appliances, make sure to include that in your offer or you won't be guaranteed to get them. If you are able to, use the closing date as a negotiating point. Some home owners want to be out quick and would be willing to take less if they can get a quicker close.
(3) Inspection & Appraisal: You will need to hire a qualified inspector and your lender will need to hire a qualified appraiser to go through your potential home. Be sure to ask for a detailed report before your inspector goes through the home. Also make sure to attend the inspection because this will be your opportunity to see where various equipment is located, including the circuit breaker and any valves. When your appraiser goes through, be certain that your lender gave them a copy of the sales contract so they know what is to be included in the sale. After the inspection and if all goes well with the inspection is a good time to be locking in your mortgage rate.
(4) Closing Process: Attorneys are not a necessary hire during the closing process as for most home sales, a title company is used in place of an attorney. This is the time when you will be going over a detailed list of all the closing costs. Be on the lookout for potential bogus fees that you may need to ask for them to be removed, such as printing fees for the documents.
(5) Final Walk Through: At this time you will complete one last thorough walkthrough of your home. This is when you take the time to make sure that all outlets work and that all taps and appliances run up to standard. If there is anything broken or missing this is when you will negotiate closing credit with the seller to have them cover the costs for fixing.
Are you ready to purchase your new Saint Petersburg home? Our experienced professionals at MC Homes Realty Inc. are ready to assist you! We understand your concerns and we are ready to answer any questions you may have. We are up-to-date with the latest market conditions and understand what each neighborhood has to offer. Sign up on our website today to receive FREE e-mails that include properties matching your criteria!