Snell Isle has a reputation for being a unique luxury waterfront living area. Residents here enjoy dining with their loved ones when they are not shopping or visiting the local art galleries and museums in downtown St.Petersburg.They also spend their time engaging in paddleboard, kayak, and sailing. Snell Isle residents who can afford to invest in motorboats do so for private cruising on the Islands water in style and luxury.
Snell Isle dates back to the 1920s.This beautiful place was established by a Kentucky druggist called C. Perry Snell who had migrated to St Petersburg in 1900.It all started on April 4, 1911, when Snell purchased 40 acres of land from the Barnard family who owned a large portion of land there for about $2,000.Being a man who had traveled all over Europe, Snell had a taste for luxury living. He, therefore, envisioned developing a stylish and elegant community with a European touch. It didn’t take long before Perry Snell and his business partner J.C.Hamlett purchased what had been left of Bernard property for a massive $67,500.This was a huge acquisition since the land was approximately 400 acres. It was then that he started developing upmarket residential neighborhoods, commercial buildings, and public parks. In 1927, Perry Snell decided to develop the muddy mangrove leading to the birth of Snell Isle.
This area is best known for its wide spectrum of classic Spanish and classic European designs. Some of the houses here date from the 1920s.of the area contains a wide spectrum of classic European and Spanish design with the older houses dating back to the 1920s. Most of the houses here have been remodeled from the initial two bedroomed retirement homes into larger modernized residential properties. It is common to see several coral homes in Snell Isle with many painted white making the place exquisite. However, the majority of homes here are predominate of Mediterranean, Ranch and Florida style architecture with a price range of between $80,000 and 1.5 million dollars.
This amazing and distinctive waterfront community with a European atmosphere and style offers a lot of things to do. Snell Isle residents and visitors can visit its amazing parks and zoos such as Busch Gardens-Tampa Bay or Lowry Park Zoo. They can also spend their time engaging in shopping in the exclusive shopping centers scattered all over. The area boasts of being home to unique places including the Morean Arts Center, the Salvador Dali Museum and Tropicana Field not mentioning the wide range of pristine Florida beaches.
This area has multiple private and public elementary, middle and high schools offering competent education programs.
Snell Isle has a total population of 5,285 with an age average of 47 years.
Average household income:
The majority of residents here have an annual income of between $75,000 and $150,000.
About 67% of the population is married, 78% college educated, 78% owner occupied households; approximately 48.90 % of adults in Snell isle have at least a 4-year bachelor's degree as compared to the average in other American neighborhoods where 22.6% of the adults have a bachelor's degree.
Number of children versus adults
Children and teenagers take the second largest age group in Snell Isle. It is estimated that about 25.30% of residents here are younger than 20 years old.
An estimated 31.8% of Snell Isle's population lives in households boasting of earning an annual income of over $150,000.Only less than 0% of residents earning below $ 25,000 annually which reduces poverty rate almost to 0%.
Majority of residents are in employment.
Number of married versus single people:
67% of the population is married leaving 33% unmarried.
Languages and ancestry
Snell Isle consists of 96.60% of Caucasian people. English is the most spoken language.
Listing information courtesy of My Florida Regional MLS. . All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Copyright(c) 2017. Latest Update : 2017-04-23T23:18:52.580